Small Change, Big Difference

Our philosophy may be simple, but it counts for a lot, and it runs through each decision we make as a company and as a family.

We believe that performing at the highest level is achieved through marginal gains – small changes which make the biggest difference. These gains separate the good from the great.

With our Training & Development Coaches across the country, offices across the Midlands, and our award-winning apprenticeship provision, we’ll enable your business to realise its goals by developing the skills you need, how you need them, when you need them.


Our portfolio of apprenticeships and accredited qualifications enable you to develop your workforce and evolve their skillset. All programmes are tailored to
your businesses ethos, culture, and working practices.


As the saying goes, people work for people; develop and nurture the values you want your business leaders to represent through
apprenticeship programmes tailored to your business; designed to encompass your
culture and evolve the skills needed to retain talent.


We connect your business with your communities, opening conversations with
local individuals who are passionate about making work pay. Our huge range of
recruitment pathways open up a diverse candidate pool for your business.

Our apprenticeships

Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner

Level 2 Financial Services Customer ADviser

Level 3 Business Administrator

Level 3 Customer Service Specialist

Level 3 Financial Services Administrator

Level 3 Mortgage Adviser

Level 3 Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser

Level 3 Team Leader or Supervisor

Level 4 Associate Project Manager

Level 4 Business Analyst

Level 5 Operations or Departmental Manager

Our promise

We will:

Provide best-in-class learning to support your team and develop your business

Develop training programmes tailored to your business needs

Support you with a dedicated team of specialists in development, curriculum, and recruitment

Contact us

If you’d like to find out more about our apprenticeship provision for either yourself or your business, please don’t hesitate to contact us using the form below. Alternatively, you can contact our Head of Business Development Karen Shaw on 07747 218 335 or email

Questions and answers

I’m thinking of employing a new apprentice within my business but I'm not sure how to go about it. Can you help?

Absolutely. Workpays can guide you through the whole process. We can help you decide on the ideal candidate, help you put together a job description and support you through the advertisement process. Once you have decided on the person you wish to employ we will then take care of all the training needed to comply with the apprenticeship qualification. Just give us a call and ask to speak to Caroline Jennings.

Can I really use an apprenticeship programme to upskill someone who has worked for my business for a long time?

All our apprenticeships are designed to add real value to the workforce. There is a common misconception  that apprenticeships are only for school and college leavers, but in reality it may surprise you to know that over 70% of our apprenticeship programmes are completed by existing employees who are looking to upskill. Some have been with their companies for many years.

How long does it take to complete an apprenticeship?

This depends on the apprenticeship you complete and your prior learning. Speak to our team for more information.

Will I have a formal qualification at the end of the apprenticeship?

Everyone who completes an apprenticeships will be awarded with an official qualification appropriate to the level of study attained.

How much does an apprenticeship cost?

Costs of providing an apprenticeship varies between £3500 to £27,000 depending on the level, depth and requirements of the programme. However, as an apprentice or employee, you won’t have to pay for your training – it is paid for by the government and your employer.

What are the cost implications for an employer?

It is a legal requirement that any company that has an annual payroll in excess of £3m, pays 0.5% of the excess into a Digital Apprenticeship Account (The Apprenticeship Levy) irrespective of wether they utilise apprenticeships or not.

This is to support apprenticeships in general. If you fall into this bracket you can call on funds in this account to fund your apprenticeships up to a band maximum (See here for full details)

If you are an employer who doesn’t pay the apprenticeship levy, you will pay 5% towards the cost of training and assessing your apprentice. The government will pay the rest (95%) up to the funding band maximum. They’ll pay these funds directly to the training provider.

Find out more about the apprenticeship levy.

Useful Links

Complaints Policy

Privacy Policy


Safeguarding & Support

IAG Policy


Covid-19 Update

Online learning


Connect with Workpays on social media